Search This Blog

Friday 18 June 2010

Testing out the other widgets I found

'How to add custom fonts to blogger'


After taking a while trying to figure out how I could use edit my HTML template to incorporate new fonts I managed to work it out. Unfortunately the website which I got it from didn't give me enough information and actually all this widget could do was change the font of my whole blog, not just certain words or titles. This is a shame as I really would have liked to have been able to do this. I'm sure there are some widgets out there that do this so I shall have to do some more research closer to the time.



'Numbered page navigation'
I followed the rules on this website (http://www.bloggerplugins.org/2009/09/numbered-page-navigation-for-blogger.html) and it was simple enough to figure out how it all worked. If you look to the bottom you can now see that you can choose which page you want to view, instead of having to click older posts, older posts, older posts.


'New advanced post editor'
This wasn't really a widget but a way of making posting easier! Here is a snapshot of the new post editing software in action.


Even uploading that snapshot took half the time that it normally would have taken on the old editing software.



'Picassa web album slideshow widget'
To use this widget you have to have a picassa account.
This is a screen shot of how I was instructed to use this widget:

I didn't think i had a picassa account so I thought i would have to make one but to my surprise when i got to the website it only asked me for my googlemail password. After logging in, i can see that all the photos i have uploaded to my blog are already there. This website is better than i thought! The practice slideshow I am going to do is just some pictures of some famous documentarists i have mentioned.




Unfortunately the website wasn't as easy as it first appeared and uploading a slideshow is actually quite hard. I'll need to find another program to help me do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment